Hadoop >> mail # user >> What are xcievers?

Re: What are xcievers?
Take a look at DataXceiverServer.java:

/**
 * Server used for receiving/sending a block of data.
 * This is created to listen for requests from clients or
 * other DataNodes.  This small server does not use the
 * Hadoop IPC mechanism.
 */