Sqoop >> mail # dev >> bug doing --incremental append with text columns

+
Benbenek, Waldyn J 2013-03-29, 18:45
Re: bug doing --incremental append with text columns
Hi Benbenek,
thank you very much for sharing this with us. Would you mind filling a new ticket for that on our JIRA [1]?

I would be also interested to understand your use case a bit more. I'm particularly interested in the need to use text based column as base for incremental column. Using append incremental mode on text column would require creating rows that will have order which is not usually the case for string columns.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 01:45:27PM -0500, Benbenek, Waldyn J wrote:
> Sqoop generates a query that is incorrect for text based columns when doing an -incremental append .
>
> The following query is incorrect when CUSTOMERID has type text. CUST1 and CUST8 should have single quotes around them.
>
> SELECT MIN(CUSTOMERID), MAX(CUSTOMERID) FROM STORECUSTOMER WHERE ( CUSTOMERID > CUST1 AND CUSTOMERID <= CUST8 AND (CUSTOMERID > '0') )
>
> This will fail against every data base I have tried.  The fix is quite simple.
>
> Waldyn Benbenek
+
Benbenek, Waldyn J 2013-04-01, 18:25