MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop Master node migration

Hadoop Master node migration
Hi,
I want to move my master node alone from one server to another server. If i copy all the tmp, data directory and log information everything to the new server which has the same host name will it work properly? If not how should i do this server movement. Please help me to know this.

Thanks,
Manickam P