HBase, mail # user - md5 hash key and splits

Re: md5 hash key and splits
Ian Varley 2012-08-30, 23:26
The Facebook devs have mentioned in public talks that they pre-split their tables and don't use automated region splitting. But as far as I remember, the reason for that isn't predictability of spreading load, so much as predictability of uptime & latency (they don't want an automated split to happen at a random busy time). Maybe that's what you mean, Mohit?

Ian

On Aug 30, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Stack wrote:

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>From what I;ve read it's advisable to do manual splits since you are able
to spread the load in more predictable way. If I am missing something
please let me know.
Where did you read that?
St.Ack