Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop in Real time applications

Re: Hadoop in Real time applications
2011/2/17 Karthik Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Can Hadoop be used for Real time Applications such as banking solutions...

Hadoop consists of several components.
Components like HDFS and HBase are quite suitable for "interactive"
solutions (as in: I usually get an answer within 0.x seconds).
If you really need "realtime" (as in: I want a guarantee that I have
an answer within 0.x seconds) the answer is: No, HDFS/HBase cannot
guarantee that.
Other components like MapReduce (and Hive which run on top of
MapReduce) are purely batch oriented.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Niels Basjes