Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop 1.1.2-rc5 release candidate vote

+
Matt Foley 2013-02-01, 03:13
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-01, 19:28
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.1.2-rc5 release candidate vote
Wow, total apathy!  We only got one vote besides mine, and that was
non-binding.
I'll try again.  Please vote on this release candidate for Hadoop 1.1.2-rc5.
Voting will close one week from now, at 10pm PST on Thursday 14 Feb.

Thanks,
--Matt
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Chris Nauroth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> I deployed hadoop-1.1.2.tar.gz to 3 Ubuntu VMs and ran NN, JT, 2NN, 2 *
> DN, and 2 * TT.  I verified the checksum.  I tested multiple command line
> HDFS interactions and MapReduce jobs.  I specifically tested for the
> HDFS-4423 blocker bug fix, and it worked.  Since that change touched
> checkpointing, I also verified that the 2NN could complete a successful
> checkpoint.
>
> I'll also verify the PGP signature once I track down the public key that
> was used for signing.
>
> Thank you,
> --Chris
>

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> (resending with modified Subject line for RC5)
>>
>> Hadoop-1.1.2-rc4 is withdrawn.
>>
>> Hadoop-1.1.2-rc5 is available at
>> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.2-rc5/
>> or in SVN at
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-1.1.2-rc5/
>> or in the Maven repo.
>>
>> This candidate for a stabilization release of the Hadoop-1.1 branch has 24
>> patches and several cleanups compared to the Hadoop-1.1.1 release.
>>  Release
>> notes are available at
>> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.2-rc5/releasenotes.html
>>
>> Please vote for this as the next release of Hadoop-1.  Voting will close
>> next Thursday, 7 Feb, at 3:00pm PST.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Matt

+