MapReduce >> mail # user >> Why they recommend this (CPU) ?

+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-10-11, 16:22
+
Jay Vyas 2012-10-11, 17:46
+
Russell Jurney 2012-10-11, 17:56
Re: Why they recommend this (CPU) ?
You should measure your workload.  Your experience will vary dramatically
with different computations.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Russell Jurney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Anyone got data on this? This is interesting, and somewhat
> counter-intuitive.
>
> Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com
>
> On Oct 11, 2012, at 10:47 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Presumably, if you have a reasonable number of cores - speeding the
> cores up will be better than forking a task into smaller and smaller chunks
> - because at some point the overhead of multiple processes would be a
> bottleneck - maybe due to streaming reads and writes?  I'm sure each and
> every problem has a different sweet spot.

+
Russell Jurney 2012-10-11, 19:03
+
Patrick Angeles 2012-10-11, 19:36