Avro, mail # user - Request for documentation: AVRO-605 and AVRO-637

Request for documentation: AVRO-605 and AVRO-637
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-12-28, 20:15
Hey,

I'm in the process of upgrading a server from Avro 1.3.3 to Avro 1.4.1, and
it's unpleasant, primarily due to the two incompatible changes caused by
AVRO-605 and AVRO-637 (coupled with my ineptitude with Java).

I love that we've called out these changes in the release notes; could we
perhaps add illustrative code examples of "before" and "after" to the wiki
or some other appropriate place?

If I manage to figure out what's going on, I'll add the documentation
myself, but someone who knows what they're doing could really speed this
process along!

Thanks,
Jeff
+