From: Kevin [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 9:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: One column family, scan on value performance

Hi,

I am fooling around with HBase and I am doing experiment on Scan
performance. I made a table with a single column family and loaded all the
data into the table. I would expect a scan with a ValueFilter and to
perform the same as a scan with a ValueFilter and an added family (being
there is only one family anyways). The scan with just a ValueFilter under
performs the one with a ValueFilter and an added family by a good amount.
Why does specifying the column family in a table that only has one column
family improve the scanner's performance?

-Kevin