HBase >> mail # user >> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 Times

Re: ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 Times
Dear Jimmy,

I am a new user of HBase. My experiences in HBase and Hadoop is very
limited. I just tried to follow some books, such as Hadoop/HBase the
Definitive Guide. However, I still got some problems.

What I am trying to do is just to set up a pseudo distributed HBase
environment on a single node. After that, I will start my system
programming in Java. I hope I could deploy the system in fully distributed
mode when my system is done.

So what I am configuring is very simple. Do I need to set up the zookeeper
port in hbase-site.xml?

Thanks so much!

Best,
Bing