Hive, mail # user - HQL *_utc_timestamp functions' timezone parameter?

Re: HQL *_utc_timestamp functions' timezone parameter?
Matt Tucker 2013-06-07, 20:14
Hi Mark,

I ran into the same issue last week, and ended up writing a small app to
print the results of
getAvailableIDs()<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/TimeZone.html#getAvailableIDs()>in
java.util.TimeZone.

Having to convert from GMT to Pacific Time (accounting for Daylight Saving
Time), I used "PST8PDT".  You may need to multiple your unix timestamp by
1000 for the *_utc_timestamp functions, as the Timestamp datatype appears
to be counting in milliseconds.

Good luck!