HBase, mail # user - HBase client hangs after connecting to Zookeeper in pseudo-mode

Re: HBase client hangs after connecting to Zookeeper in pseudo-mode
Pal Konyves 2013-03-24, 21:09
All right folks, I got the problem. I set
  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.znode.rootserver</name>
    <value>debian</value>
  </property>

on the Hbase server hbase-site.xml, but not on the client.
So I got messages on ZooKeeper such as:

DEBUG txntype:unknown reqpath:/hbase/root-region-server
[...]

because the client thought the request path of the root-region-server
is /hbase/root-region-server, but it was set up /hbase/debian in fact.
Then I removed the above property from the server, and my simple
client worked fine so far. It just set me back about 1,5 weeks, but no
problem.
However, It would have been useful, if that b*tch client had not just
hung, but actually prompted about a useful message, like the one from
ZooKeeper. What it did show, on the other hand is:

INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session establishment complete on server
debian/192.168.1.100:2181, sessionid = 0x13d9e353f060006, negotiated
timeout = 180000
[just hang forever]

And in DEBUG mode:
Unable to get data of znode /hbase/root-region-server because node
does not exist (not an error)

You see, it's not an error, it just happens casually, so just hide it
from the user, and even say "(not an error)". Don't even try to repair
anything in your setup going on this path..
All right, thanks for reading my sarcastic afternote :)

Pal

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/