HDFS >> mail # user >> Compile Just a Subproject

+
Curtis Ullerich 2013-06-19, 23:53
Re: Compile Just a Subproject
Hi Curtis,

I handle this by running "mvn install -DskipTests" once from the root of
the whole hadoop project to install the sub-modules in my local Maven
repository.  Then, you can change your working directory to any sub-module
(like distributed shell) and run a successful Maven build for just that
sub-module.  Full details are in the BUILDING.txt file in the root of the
hadoop project.  Look for the section titled "Building components
separately".  I hope this helps.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Curtis Ullerich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> What is the way to compile just a subproject of Hadoop with Maven (without
> rebuilding parent modules)? In my case I'm wondering about
> DistributedShell. I thought that this<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1114026/maven-modules-building-a-single-specific-module/3899772#3899772>would have worked but no changes seem to take effect after building this
> way.
>
> Thanks,
> Curtis

+