HDFS >> mail # user >> Compile Just a Subproject

Re: Compile Just a Subproject
Hi Curtis,

I handle this by running "mvn install -DskipTests" once from the root of
the whole hadoop project to install the sub-modules in my local Maven
repository.  Then, you can change your working directory to any sub-module
(like distributed shell) and run a successful Maven build for just that
sub-module.  Full details are in the BUILDING.txt file in the root of the
hadoop project.  Look for the section titled "Building components
separately".  I hope this helps.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/