HBase, mail # dev - Wanted your thoughts on Rolling Upgrade Testing in HBase

Re: Wanted your thoughts on Rolling Upgrade Testing in HBase
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-30, 13:04
Hi Aleks,

I'm totally +1 with that too!

With all the coming releases (0.95, 0.96 and 0.98) it might be a very
good idea to have a way to make those tests automatic!

Tracking issues and reporting them correctly over the rolling upgrade
might be a challenge, but the end results is a big add to the
releases.

There will be many things to test in the upgrade, and many scenarios.
How are you going to start the thinking on that? Is there a shared
google document where you have start to put all the ideas/design
around that?

JMS