HBase >> mail # dev >> About distributed lock service in HBase

Re: About distributed lock service in HBase
Brady:
Hopefully Nicolas answered your questions.

We do use zookeeper for coordinating table schema changes. See the
following JIRA:
HBASE-7305. ZK based Read/Write locks for table operations

Cheers