Chukwa, mail # user - hadoop's attempt directory logs

Re: hadoop's attempt directory logs
Abhijit Dhar 2012-01-20, 02:13
I added this in my $HADOOP_CONF_DIR/log4j.properties

log4j.appender.TLA=org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.TaskLogAppender
log4j.appender.TLA.recordType=CrawlerLog
log4j.appender.TLA.taskId=${hadoop.tasklog.taskid}
log4j.appender.TLA.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.TLA.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %p [%t]

But, it looks like when I add this to the rootlogger
(log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, stdout, TLA), it stops going through even my
stdout log appender.
Any idea, what might be going on? (chukwa jar is on my classpath, and I
don't see any ClassNotFound exception, so I think that part is good)

Thanks,