HBase >> mail # user >> Region server failure question

Re: Region server failure question
Hello Mohit,

     If replication factor is set to some value > 1, then the data is
still present on some other node(perhaps within the same rack or a
different one). And, as far as this post is concerned it tells us
about Write Ahead Logs, i.e data that is still not written onto the
disk. This is different from the data written in HFiles, i.e the
persistent data. If the regionserver fails while the data is still
being written, the data can be recovered by replaying the edits from
the WAL file. Please let me know if you disagree.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq