Accumulo >> mail # dev >> 1.6.0 Feature Freeze

Re: 1.6.0 Feature Freeze
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> So, I am proposing maintaining the feature freeze of Friday at midnight
>> that we maintained before, EXCEPT for any thing regarding these 4-5
>> features I've enumerated. I think an additional week should be sufficient
>> for these features to be in a release worthy state. This also means that
>> after the general feature freeze date, all non-critical bugs and
>> additional
>> features will be bumped to 1.6.1/1.7.0). Because it is a one week
>> timespan,
>> I think we can hold off on creating the branch for 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT, but if
>> anyone disagrees a second vote can be put in order by someone who feels
>> that way.
>>

> Can we get some idea of scope for "any thing regarding these [...]
> features"?
>
> Could we limit it to tickets that currently exist as subtasks of the list
> of top level features?

This was my intent when I said "any thing regarding these [...] features".
I perceive that any additional tickets that should come up from those
features would be bugs or features worth coming in down the road.

> Could the people currently assigned to those tickets confirm that a week
> is a realistic goal?

Agreed. In addition, if they could scope sub-tasks into must haves vs. nice
to haves for a release, that would be beneficial as well.