HBase >> mail # dev >> All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?

+
Stack 2013-04-24, 19:53
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 05:45
+
Stack 2013-04-25, 05:55
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 06:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:10
+
Jimmy Xiang 2013-04-25, 18:18
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:23
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-04-25, 18:35
Re: All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?
I'm -0 on a protobuf gateway.  We already have a protobuf rpc
(everything's protobuf except for a few fixed bit width length).

While we could create a gateway that simplifies the client api, I
don't think that gains us enough to warrant more gateways.  We already
know that gateways are prone to getting overloaded, hard to keep in
sync, and are large performance losses. I think we should keep the
minimum number of gateways so that users starting out can get started
early.  But they already have that with thrift or rest.

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 22:37
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 14:02