Hive >> mail # user >> Upper case column names

+
Mayank Bansal 2012-08-14, 15:24
+
Travis Crawford 2012-08-14, 22:10
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-08-14, 23:20
+
Travis Crawford 2012-08-14, 23:38
+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-08-15, 02:36
RE: Upper case column names
Hi.

No not really, if it's very difficult I will do the hard task of changing the code for my model.
I had thought it would be most likely a table in the derby database which would contain the table schema and I could change it to the desired case for variables.
It looks like there is a lot of underlying code which would be affected by it.
Just deciding on whether waiting for some breakthrough over here or taking the hard call of rewriting the model.

Thanks,
Mayank
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Upper case column names

Mayank,

Just out of curiosity....any other reason other than conventions to preserve the case for column names in hive?
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Travis Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

Just changing the code is not as easy as it sounds. It sounds like this will break many things in production for a lot of people.

Absolutely - case sensitivity would be a big change. In the patch we're playing around with we centralized the toLowerCase business in a single method, and can turn it on/off per-query.

--travis

--
Swarnim

This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software.
+
Mayank Bansal 2012-08-15, 13:05
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-08-15, 19:39