Pig >> mail # user >> ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias <name>

+
Joe Gutierrez 2012-02-21, 23:21
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-02-22, 11:15
Re: ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias <name>
Sometimes I got this error, when my data is not proper. Please check your
data again, whether its properly tab separated or not ?

Thanks,
Praveenesh

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi joe, you get this error when one of the component mapreduce jobs dies.
> Try going to the job tracker and seeing if there are failed jobs -- you'll
> be able to get the logs of individual tasks that might contain the actual
> error.
>
> On Feb 21, 2012, at 3:21 PM, Joe Gutierrez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to run one of the examples from the pig 0.9.2 distribution
> and
> > am running into the following exception:
> >

> >    [junit] Unable to open iterator for alias queries_limit
> >    [junit] org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR
> 1066:
> > Unable to open iterator for alias queries_limit
> >    [junit] at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:901)
> >    [junit] at org.apache.pig.pigunit.PigTest.getAlias(PigTest.java:183)
> >    [junit] at TopQueriesTest.testTop2Queries(TopQueriesTest.java:32)
> >    [junit] Caused by: java.io.IOException: Couldn't retrieve job.
> >    [junit] at org.apache.pig.PigServer.store(PigServer.java:965)
> >    [junit] at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:876)
> >
> > Below is my pig script:
> >
> > data = LOAD '$input' AS (query:CHARARRAY, count:INT);
> > queries_group = GROUP data BY query;
> > queries_sum = FOREACH queries_group GENERATE group AS query,
> > SUM(data.count) AS count;
> > queries_ordered = ORDER queries_sum BY count DESC;
> > queries_limit = LIMIT queries_ordered $limit_count;
> > STORE queries_limit INTO '$output';
> >
> > and below is my input data:
> >
> > yahoo 10
> > twitter 7
> > facebook 10
> > yahoo 15
> > facebook 5
> >
> > I've included my pig unit code as well:
> >
> > public void testQueries()
> > {
> >    String[] args = {
> >        "limit_count=3",
> >        "input=<path_to_input_file>",
> >        "output=<path_to_output_file>",
> >    };
> >
> >    test = new PigTest(<path_to_pig_script>, args);
> >
> >    String[] output = {
> >        "(yahoo,25)",
> >        "(facebook,15)",
> >        "(twitter,7)",
> >    };
> >
> >    test.assertOutput("queries_limit", output);
> >
> > }
> >
> > When I execute the test, I receive the exception above. When I alter the
> > unit test to assert on queries_sum, I receive the correct values.
> However,
> > when I assert on queries_ordered or queries_limit, I receive the
> exception.
> > How do I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Joe Gutierrez :: Software Developer

+
Prabha Satya Manepalli V 2013-11-01, 15:45