HBase >> mail # dev >> [COMPACTIONS] Anyone seen hbase.hstore.compaction.min.size in trunk/0.95?

+
Stack 2013-06-20, 18:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-06-20, 20:41
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-20, 21:21
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-06-20, 21:41
Re: [COMPACTIONS] Anyone seen hbase.hstore.compaction.min.size in trunk/0.95?
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Sergey Shelukhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Part of HBASE-7055 patch that we picked includes CompactionConfiguration
> class, which uses a prefix for config values.
> See ::getMinCompactSize on that class, it's still used in compaction.

Thanks Sergey.  Found it.

Now, should we do Nicolas's suggestion as a default; i.e. any file < 4MB is
always added to compaction set (where currently, IIUC, any file < flushsize
is  added to the compaction set)?

Thanks,
St.Ack
+