Zookeeper, mail # user - ZooKeeper C++ Client

+
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-06-03, 08:31
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-06-04, 22:20
Re: ZooKeeper C++ Client
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-06-04, 23:11
Hi Pat,

Yes, but since my goal is to port the c client code to c++ with boost
so that it's more portable, I felt it's easier to just start off with
the c client. I borrowed some ideas (like logging) from zkfuse, tough.

Do you think it's better if I somehow consolidate my work with zkfuze client?

Thanks!
--Michi

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michi you looked at the C++ client wrapper that's included in zkfuse
> under contrib?
>
> Patrick
>
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Michi Mutsuzaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been working on a C++ binding for ZooKeeper. Right now it's a
>> wrapper around the
>> C client, but the intention is to port the code to C++ over time. More
>> specifically:
>>
>> * Make it more portable. Replace pthread with boost::thread and socket
>> with boost::ip::tcp.
>> * Use a better logging system (either google-glog or log4cxx).
>> * Use C++ version of jute generated code.
>> * Use unordered_map instead of hashtable.
>>
>> It's still work in progress, but I'd like to get feedback from the
>> community, especially regarding
>> the API. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
>>
>> github page: https://github.com/m1ch1/zookeeper
>> doxygen: http://m1ch1.github.com/zkcpp/3.5.0/namespaceorg_1_1apache_1_1zookeeper.html
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --Michi