Drill >> mail # dev >> Where's the action?

Re: Where's the action?

> Excellent question. I'm not a comitter on the project. I'm just an
> Incubator PMC member trying to understand why the committers are
> holding back.

Well, then. I'm not a committer either but I do contribute: code, see below, and PR (see http://drill-user.org/) and general outreach … like every presentation I give these days mentions Drill, etc.

Just one silly question: if you're an Drill PMC member doesn't that imply you can commit?
> ATM, I'm only keeping an eye on what is happening here at Apache ML + repo.

Well, maybe that's the problem. Input vs output :D
> +1. What would be cool would be to spawn some discussion here on the
> ML about things discussed at the recent design meeting.

The thing is: I don't get feedback either. Do I care? No. I just keep doing my thing, coming up with weird back-ends to advance the front-end. Eventually, I suppose, no I hope that someone will pull it … or not, and at least let me know how I can improve on it.

That said, yes, given that (I think) we have the infrastructure in place, the next logical step would be to put the design out there and let the code contributions start coming in.

Cheers,
  Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas