Hadoop, mail # user - Re: DFS and the RecordReader

Re: DFS and the RecordReader
Harsh J 2012-12-06, 23:07
Ah ok, understood what you seem to be looking for.

Lets follow the simple LineReader implementation in that case.

TextInputFormat uses LineRecordReader: [1] - Line 52
LineRecordReader has the calls you look for and wraps over a
LineReader implementation, to take care of reading lines over block
boundaries: [2] - Line 88
LineReader has all the functional code to make it work for anyone
reading lines off of text files: [3]

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.2-alpha/hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/input/TextInputFormat.java?view=markup
[2] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.2-alpha/hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/input/LineRecordReader.java?view=markup
[3] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.2-alpha/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/util/LineReader.java?view=markup

--
Harsh J