Pig >> mail # user >> the version of HBase supported by HBaseStorage

+
Weiping Qu 2013-04-29, 20:08
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-04-29, 20:25
+
Weiping Qu 2013-04-29, 20:37
Re: the version of HBase supported by HBaseStorage
+James (Phoenix lead)

AFAIK, data inserted into hbase for phoenix reads needs to be phoenix
encoded. We wrote a StoreFunc to write data into hbase with data being
phoenix encoded. You can give it a try
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/blob/master/src/main/java/com/salesforce/phoenix/pig/PhoenixHBaseStorage.java

Please note this is in the early phase of development, feel free to open
issues on https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/issues if you find any.

Thanks,
Prashant

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Weiping Qu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Prashant,
>
> Firstly thank you very much for your quick reply.
>
> I would just like to try the new SQL layer above HBase (called Phoenix)
> which claims that it outperforms Hive.
> So far phoenix has only two releases which support Hbase 0.94.2/3 and
> 0.94.4 or above, respectively.
> I had carefully included these hbase jars in pig's lib directory
> respectively for each try, but all failed. :(
> As you mentioned that HBaseStorage currently only supports 0.94.1 by
> default, then I think I should give it up now and wait for future release.
>
> Or just use Hive than Phoenix.
>
> Thank you again.
> Best,
> Weiping
>
>> Hi Weiping,
>>
>> Pig 0.11.1 uses hbase 0.94.1 by default. Are you using the right jars?
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Weiping Qu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am currently using HBaseStorage to load and store data between HBase
>>> and
>>> Pig.
>>> I have the Pig of the newest version 0.11.1.
>>> I worked with hbase-0.90.6
>>> But I found that HBaseStorage in pig 0.11.1 cannot be used for hbase with
>>> version 0.94.4 or above which is used for phoenix.
>>>
>>> The error message is found as follows.
>>> ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.****Grunt - ERROR 2998: Unhandled
>>> internal
>>>
>>> error. com/google/protobuf/Message