HDFS >> mail # user >> Hadoop client user

Hadoop client user
Hi,

I have a hadoop learning environment on a pseudo distributed mode. It is owned by the user 'hadoop'.

I am trying to get an understanding on how can another user on this box can act as a Hadoop client and able to create HDFS files and run Map Reduce jobs. Say I have a Linux user 'user1'.

What permissions , privileges and configuration settings are required for 'user1' to act as a Hadoop client?

Thanks,
Raj