Flume, mail # dev - API Docs and PDFs on the website

+
Brock Noland 2012-12-04, 16:16
+
Ralph Goers 2012-12-04, 17:09
Re: API Docs and PDFs on the website
Brock Noland 2012-12-04, 17:12
Hi,

It looks like it's from the legacy thrift source:

https://github.com/apache/flume/tree/trunk/flume-ng-legacy-sources/flume-thrift-source/src/main/java

Does anything know if there is a valid reason it's not org.apache? I
assume it was just missed.

Brock

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Ralph Goers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2012, at 8:16 AM, Brock Noland wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I assume the PDFs and API Docs on the release page
>> http://flume.apache.org/releases/1.3.0.html are just manually
>> generated and then committed directly to the prod website?
>
> Yes - it looks like you did it correctly.   Unfortunately, the maven-pdf-plugin doesn't support RST so you have to do it manually.
>
> I noticed the API Javadoc contains a reference to com.cloudera.flume.handlers.thrift.  Why is that?
>
> Ralph
>

>> I just want to confirm as I am trying to put together a guide on how
>> to edit the website and what items need to be updated as part of a
>> release.
>>
>> Brock

Mike Percy 2012-12-04, 21:09