HDFS, mail # user - Regarding: Merging two hadoop clusters

+
Shashank Agarwal 2013-03-14, 04:38
+
Lake Chang 2013-03-14, 05:45
Re: Regarding: Merging two hadoop clusters
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-14, 06:46

Copy data into one of the clusters using distcp *without* downtime (assuming you have enough capacity) and then merge the clusters?

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Mar 13, 2013, at 9:38 PM, Shashank Agarwal wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I have two different hadoop clusters in production. One cluster is used as backing for HBase and the other for other things. Both hadoop clusters are using the same version 1.0 and I want to merge them and make them one. I know, one possible solution is to copy the data across, but the data is really huge on these clusters and it will hard for me to compromise with huge downtime.
> Is there any optimal way to merge two hadoop clusters.
>
> ~Shashank

+
vivek 2013-03-14, 08:39
+