MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

On 30 July 2013 14:29, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created another release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I
> would like to get released. This RC fixes a number of issues reported on
> the previous candidate.
>
> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community
> (~650 fixes) which includes several major advances including:
> # HDFS Snapshots
> # Windows support
> # YARN API stabilization
> # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
> # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the
> ecosystem
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc1/
> The RC tag in svn is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc1

+1

set my Hoya Hbase-on-YARN app to build and run against the staging
artifacts, and after catching up w/ some minor API changes, all is well
-not only to the binaries work, but the POMs set up the downstream
classpath with (at least) everything you need

I filed one minor JIRA, "prereq check for AMRMClient.ContainerRequest
relaxLocality flag wrong":

-Steve