MapReduce, mail # user - Hadoop Jobtracker API

Re: Hadoop Jobtracker API
Dino Kečo 2013-03-06, 21:20
Hi Kyle,

There is only JobTracker servlet which u can use as web service but you
need to parse HTML response or you can build small java ws using code from
stackoverflow.

Regards
Dino
On Mar 6, 2013 10:06 PM, "Kyle B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Dino,
>
> Thanks for the response. I've seen this before, but was hoping to avoid
> getting locked into the Java road. Do you happen to know if there is an
> open API for the job tacker included with Hadoop? Something I could call
> from a variety of languages, like a web service?
>
> -Kyle
>
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Dino Kečo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kyle,
>>
>> Maybe this can help you
>>

>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2616524/tracking-hadoop-job-status-via-web-interface-exposing-hadoop-to-internal-clien/4156387#4156387
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dino
>>  On Mar 6, 2013 7:43 PM, "Kyle B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if the Hadoop job tracker had an API, such as a web
>>> service or xml feed? I'm trying to track Hadoop jobs as they progress.
>>> Right now, I'm parsing the HTML of the "Running Jobs" section at
>>> http://hadoop:50030/jobtracker.jsp, but this is definitely not desired
>>> if there is a better way. Is there a simple web service for the data on