HBase >> mail # user >> Best way to compact a region after a move?

Best way to compact a region after a move?
Hi,

When I'm balancing manually the regions on my cluster, and I want to
make sure they are local, so I want to major_compact them each time
I'm moving them.

On the balanceCluster method, we are returning a list of region to
move. Which mean they are not yet moved, so I can't compact them
there.

Is there a place where I shoud hook to compact those regions?

So far, the only idea I found was to start a thread on the
balancerCluster, wait 1 minute, and compact all the regions I
returned. But I'm wondering if there is a better way to achieve that?
Is there a queue where I should place those regions to compact
instead? Also, I need to know (even if it's just in the logs) when
those compactions are done.

Thanks,

JM