HBase >> mail # user >> HBase and unit tests

+
Cristofer Weber 2012-08-30, 23:44
Re: HBase and unit tests
Hi Cristofer,

Are you using some specific configs with the MiniCluster?

We are using HBaseTestingUtility and have a reasonable test run time. You
can check
https://github.com/sonalgoyal/crux/blob/master/src/test/java/co/nubetech/crux/server/TestHBaseFacade.java

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Cristofer Weber <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> After I started studying HBase, I've searched for open source projects
> backed by HBase and I found Titan distributed graph database (you probably
> heard about it). As soon as I read in their documentation that HBase
> adapter is experimental and suboptimal (disclaimer here:
> https://github.com/thinkaurelius/titan/wiki/Using-HBase) I volunteered to
> help improving this adapter and since then I made a few changes to improve
> on running tests (reduced from hours to minutes) and also an improvement on
> search feature.
>
> Now I'm trying to break the dependency on a pre-installed HBase for unit
> tests and found miniCluster inside HBase tests, but minicluster demands too
> much time to start and I don't know if tweaking on configs will improve
> significantly. Is there a way to start a 'lightweight' instance, like
> programatically starting a standalone instance?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Best regards,
> Cristofer
+