MapReduce, mail # user - SequenceFile sync marker uniqueness

Re: SequenceFile sync marker uniqueness
Harsh J 2013-05-23, 19:53
SequenceFiles use a 16 digit MD5 (computed based on a UID and writer ~init
time, so pretty random). For the rest of my answer, I'll prefer not to
repeat what Martin's already said very well here:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/VYVra2krg5t1 (point #2) over the Avro lists for
the Avro DataFile format which uses a similar technique.

--
Harsh J