Chukwa, mail # dev - Experiment with Chukwa trunk

Re: Experiment with Chukwa trunk
Bill Graham 2010-10-11, 20:11
Hi Eric,

A read this over and have a few comments:

- Prerequisites say that Hadoop 0.20+ is required, which I think isn't
entirely true. Agents, collectors and the data processor processes all
can run with 0.18.3. I though HICC was the only thing that required
0.20, no? Either way, we should clarify which components require what
version.

- You talk about a minimal Chukwa install including HBase, which also
seems misleading. Will HBase be required to use Chukwa going forward?
If not, no need to make the barrier for entry sound higher than it
needs to be IMO.

thanks,
Bill