Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: What constitute a successful project?

+
Dai, Jason 2012-11-29, 13:54
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-30, 06:39
+
Jerome Boulon 2012-11-30, 09:04
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-30, 16:05
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-27, 08:08
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 14:19
+
Suresh Marru 2012-11-27, 12:36
+
Benson Margulies 2012-11-27, 13:54
+
ant elder 2012-11-27, 15:16
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 15:32
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-28, 05:41
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-28, 06:00
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-27, 08:29
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-27, 08:41
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-26, 20:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-11-27, 00:39
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 03:32
+
ant elder 2012-11-27, 07:50
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 14:12
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-11-27, 04:52

On Nov 26, 2012, at 12:21 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Alan Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Even by the PPMC's comments they obliquely acknowledge that there's not much
>> activity and expressed an interested in simply keeping it around with the hopes
>> that something would happen; there were no concrete ideas or plans on how to
>> grow the community because, by their own admission, no one has the time to
>> work much on the project.
>
> That lack of concrete plans is a good place to start. Anyone from the
> community who opposes retirement should take it up on themselves to
> provide such a concrete plan for example in time for next month's
> report. Just like the caster of a technical veto should come up with
> an alternative implementation. :-)
As I mentioned in an earlier email, we did have this conversation seven months ago.  We came to a consensus to give it another try.  We even added a few committers a "bit early" with the hopes that they would infuse the project with more energy.

The vote came after many discussions over the year.  The Chukwa podling, which was started back in 2010, was given its second chance.  Unless there's something glaring that was overlooked, I'm not prepared to change my mind about its retirement.
Regards,
Alan

+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-27, 00:25