HBase >> mail # user >> coprocessor status query

Re: coprocessor status query
Gary,

"The coprocessor class is of course still in memory on the regionserver,...."

That was kinda my point.

You can't remove the class from the RS until you do a rolling restart.

And to your point... yeah I can see issues in trying to debug failures when you have failures that are data dependent.
On Oct 21, 2013, at 9:06 PM, Gary Helmling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> You can't remove a coprocessor.
>>
>> Well, you can, but that would require a rolling restart.
>>
>> It still exists and is still loaded.
>>

> Assuming we are talking about RegionObserver coprocessors here, when a
> coprocessor throws an exception (other than IOException), it is either:
>
> a) removed from the list of active RegionObservers being invoked on the
> region's operations
> b) or if "hbase.coprocessor.abortonerror" is "true", the regionserver aborts
>
> The coprocessor class is of course still in memory on the regionserver, but
> that instance will no longer be invoked in any pre/post hooks for
> operations on that region.
>
> Back to the original question, the coprocessor is only removed from the
> list of active coprocessors for the region(s) where it has thrown an
> exception.  It will still be active on any regions where it has not thrown
> an exception.

Use at your own risk.
Michael Segel
michael_segel (AT) hotmail.com