HBase >> mail # dev >> DISCUSS: Have hbase require at least hadoop 1.0.0 in hbase 0.96.0?

+
Stack 2012-03-02, 19:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-03-03, 02:39
+
Ioan Eugen Stan 2012-03-06, 12:04
+
Huanyou Chang 2012-03-06, 10:57
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-03-06, 11:22
+
Ted Yu 2012-03-02, 20:50
+
Nicolas Spiegelberg 2012-03-02, 20:57
+
Stack 2012-03-06, 07:59
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-03-06, 17:10
+
Stack 2012-03-06, 17:55
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-03-06, 18:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-03-06, 19:57
Re: DISCUSS: Have hbase require at least hadoop 1.0.0 in hbase 0.96.0?
Given that the token/ugi APIs are being used in other ecosystem components too (like Hive, HCatalog & Oozie), and in general, that security model will probably hold for other projects too, I think that its not an unfair expectation from Hadoop that it should maintain compatibility on UGI/Token* interfaces (*smile*).

On Mar 6, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> Andy - could you please start a discussion?
>
> We could, at the very least, mark UGI as LimitedPrivate for HBase and work with you guys to maintain compatibility for the future. Makes sense?
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Mar 6, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Andrew Purtell wrote:
>
>> After that, I believe we can merge the security sources in. However we may have an issue going forward because UGI is an unstable/private API. Needs sorting out with core at some point.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>>   - Andy

>>> OK.  So security story needs a bit of work.  Sounds like we have
>>> enough votes though to require hadoop 1.0.0 at least in 0.96.
>>>
>>> St.Ack
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.