Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Thrift upgrade to 0.9.0

Hive Thrift upgrade to 0.9.0
We are using Hive 0.9.0, and we have seen frequent Thrift Metastore timeout
issues probably due to the Thrift memory leak reported in THRIFT-1468.

The current solution is to upgrade Thrift to 0.9.0

I am trying to use the patch (HIVE-2715). But seems the patch only works
for Hive trunk (0.10.0). Saw a lot of missing files when I applied the
patch to 0.9.0.

Do we have a patch available for Hive 0.9.0? Or what is the recommended
apporach to upgrade to Thrift 0.9.0?

Thanks,
Shanzhong
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2012-12-13, 01:59
+
Manish Malhotra 2012-12-13, 08:24