MapReduce >> mail # user >> Yarn and HDFS federation

Yarn and HDFS federation
Hello Experts,

I know that hdfs federation helps adding multiple name nodes. In this case how this Yarn works? Where will be the Resource Manger if i have multiple name nodes? (Normally in Master Node I guess) Can we execute yarn applications in hadoop cluster without having this hdfs federation?
Please clarify my doubt.
Thanks,
Manickam p