MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Job end notification does not always work (Hadoop 2.x)

Re: Job end notification does not always work (Hadoop 2.x)
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-24, 16:11
if we ought to do this in a yarn service it
should be the RM or the HS. the RM is, IMO, the natural fit. the HS, would be a good choice if we are concerned about the extra work this would cause in the RM. the problem with the current HS is that it is MR specific, we should generalize it for diff AM types.

thx

Alejandro
(phone typing)

On Jun 23, 2013, at 23:28, Devaraj k <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Even if we handle all the failure cases in AM for Job End Notification, we may miss cases like abrupt kill of AM when it is in last retry. If we choose NM to give the notification, again RM needs to identify which NM should give the end-notification as we don't have any direct protocol between AM and NM.
>
> I feel it would be better to move End-Notification responsibility to RM as Yarn Service because it ensures 100% notification and also useful for other types of applications as well.
>

> Thanks
> Devaraj K

+
Devaraj k 2013-06-25, 03:42