HDFS, mail # user - Moving data from a remote machine into the HDFS

Moving data from a remote machine into the HDFS
Mohammad Tariq 2012-01-24, 15:30
Hello list,

    I have a situation wherein I have to move large binary files(~TB)
from remote machines into the HDFS.While looking for some way to do
this I came across Hoop.Could anyone tell me whether it fits into my
use case?If so where can I find some proper help so that I can learn
about Hoop in detail or some place where I can find some demo apps or
some code that perform similar kind of tasks?I am going through the
documentation at
http://cloudera.github.com/hoop/docs/latest/index.html.But it
basically talks about configuration stuff.Need some help.Many thanks.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq