HDFS >> mail # user >> Changing a Namenode server

+
Lior Schachter 2011-03-16, 14:17
Re: Changing a Namenode server

On Mar 16, 2011, at 7:17 AM, Lior Schachter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been using hadoop/HDSF for some while and we want to upgrade the
> namenode server to a new (and stronger) machine.
>
> Can you please advise on the correct way to do this while minimizing system
> downtime  and without losing any data.

It is pretty much the same procedure as if you had perm. lost the NN hardware, more or less:

1) Build new NN machine
2) Shutdown old NN
3) Copy fsimage and edits to new box
4) Swap IPs/move A record/etc=20