Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Force task location on input split location?

Re: Force task location on input split location?
Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your help.

mapred.fairscheduler.locality.delay seems to be working very well for
me. I have set it with 60s and JoInProgress picked up only "Choosing
data-local task"... It seems to do the job for my usecase. And as you
are saying, if I'm loosing a node while the job is running, the task
will still run after 60 seconds on another node

I have not yet looked at CapacityScheduler, but will most probably later.

One last thing. I have a replication factor set to 3. Does it mean 3
TaskTrackers might be able to take any of the tasks and run them
locally? Or only 1?

Thanks,

JM