Flume >> mail # dev >> Re: [5/10] git commit: Merge branch 'trunk' of git://git.apache.org/flume into new-trunk

Re: [5/10] git commit: Merge branch 'trunk' of git://git.apache.org/flume into new-trunk
Before we moved to git, I would do my work on my git repository, then
when I was happy with it, I'd make a patch, apply that to a separate svn
checkout and commit it from svn after testing it. Before working on new
stuff in my git directory, I'd make a pull, merging what I had committed
from svn to the exact same work in git. This apparently resulted in
trivial merges rather than a clean fast forward.  Once I switched the
origin over and actually did a push from the git, those merges turned
up. I don't think the same scenario is likely in a normal working method
where we're only using git, and afaik your method looks fine.