Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 02:03
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-05-22, 02:38
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 09:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-22, 07:07
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-22, 20:27
+
Jason Lowe 2013-05-22, 13:44
Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote
Thomas Graves 2013-05-22, 13:43
+1 Thanks Matt.

Tom

On 5/21/13 9:03 PM, "Matt Foley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws
>remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that
>thread.
> Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring them to
>(re-)respond to this VOTE thread.
>
>The following change is proposed in the
>Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
> document:
>
>==>
>1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
>following text is removed:
>
>** Release Plan*
>
>Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
>Release Manager.
>
>Lazy majority of active committers
>

>2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an
>additional
>role is defined:
>
>** Release Manager*
>
>A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
>Candidate according to
>HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
> The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating the
>branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
>week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus
>around
>the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
>Product Release vote.
>
>==>
>Best regards,
>--Matt (long-time release manager)