Pig >> mail # user >> Create rdbms like sequence in Pig on Pig Relation

+
DIPESH KUMAR SINGH 2012-05-16, 17:41
+
Thejas Nair 2012-05-18, 01:20
+
DIPESH KUMAR SINGH 2012-05-18, 18:34
Re: Create rdbms like sequence in Pig on Pig Relation
Hi,
Pig will have this functionality as soon as we finish PIG-2353, which is
part of this year's GSoC.

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM, DIPESH KUMAR SINGH
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Sorry, if my point was not clear.
>
> I wish to create a sequence on a pig relation.
>
> Say For example i have a relation with data:
> (John, A-1)
> (Jack, B-2)
> (Jim, C-1)
>
> I want to create sequence i.e to add one more column to the relation, like
> a counter and keep on increasing the count for each record read. Expected
> output should be something like this:
>
> (If 200 is the start sequence. )
> (John, A-1, 201)
> (Jack, B-2, 202)
> (Jim, C-1, 203)
>
> Could you please suggest to proceed on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dipesh
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Thejas Nair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by 'rdbms like sequence' ?
> > Thanks,
> > Thejas
> >

> > On 5/16/12 10:41 AM, DIPESH KUMAR SINGH wrote:
> >
> >> I want to create a rdbms like sequence on a Pig relation.
> >>
> >> Is there any existing UDF which could do this?
> >>
> >> I am bit new to pig, Kindly suggest how to proceed?
> >>

> >> Thanks&  Regards,
> >>

> --
> Dipesh Kr. Singh

+