Pig, mail # user - grunt mishandles open parenthesis in a comment

grunt mishandles open parenthesis in a comment
william.dowling@... 2012-01-05, 16:17
Here is grunt session showing a comment line being ignored correctly:

grunt> a = load 'foo' as (
>> -- a = load 'bar' as
>> a: int);
grunt>
grunt> describe a;
a: {a: int}

But when I end the comment with an open parenthesis the behavior is different: the grunt> prompt doesn’t appear til I add an additional ‘);’

grunt>  b = load 'foo' as (
>> -- b = load 'bar' as (
>> b: int);
>> )
>> ;
grunt>
grunt> describe b;
b: {b: int}

$ pig -version
Apache Pig version 0.8.1-cdh3u1 (rexported)
compiled Jul 18 2011, 08:29:40

I’m not sure how to report this, or whether it’s been fixed in newer versions.

William F Dowling
Senior Technologist

Thomson Reuters