HBase >> mail # user >> Tracking down coprocessor pauses

Re: Tracking down coprocessor pauses
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Tom Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to know more details about the specifics of those requests; Is
> there an API I can use that will allow my coprocessor requests to be
> tracked more functionally? Is there a way to hook into the UI so I can
> provide my own list of running processes? Or would I have to write
> that all myself?
>
> I am using HBase 0.92.1, but will be upgrading to 0.94.1 soon.

I haven't actually done this, so YMMV, but you should be able to get a
reference to the TaskMonitor singleton
(http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/monitoring/TaskMonitor.html)
via the static method TaskMonitor.get() and then create and update the
state of MonitoredTasks
(http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/monitoring/MonitoredTask.html)
for your coprocessor's internal functions.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)